Back and neck pain chiropractor: Even though back pain affects more than one in ten people around the world, you may be surprised to learn that these are some of the causes of back pain.
The spine is a sturdy and flexible structure that runs from the neck all the way down to the coccyx. Its primary function is to support the body and protect the spinal cord. More than one in ten people around the world suffer from some form of back pain. When we think of aches and pains, we frequently think of injuries, slips and falls, or overuse from repetitive motions. Nevertheless, there are a great number of other unexpected causes of spinal pain. If you are aware of these, it will be easier for you to identify the root of your back pain and investigate potential solutions to the problem.
5 Ways to Help your Back Pain – Chiropractor Pretoria cost
- The chair you use in the office. Back pain is a real possibility, and sitting in a chair for an extended period of time, such as in an office chair, can make an existing back problem even worse. The primary reason for this is that sitting, in general, is a posture that is considered to be static. Static postures are known to increase the amount of stress that is placed on the back, shoulders, arms, and legs. Sitting for long periods of time can put a significant amount of pressure on the back muscles and spinal discs. Considering that the majority of you work from home, most likely at makeshift offices such as the dining room table, it is a smart idea to make an investment in a comfortable chair. Because it may only be a matter of time before your back starts to feel the effects of sitting in an unsupportive office chair for long periods of time, especially if you don’t get up and move around every half an hour to an hour.
We have the #1 Chiropractor in Wingate Park Pretoria
- A lack of physical activity. Working out helps you build muscle, which is essential for maintaining a healthy back support structure. You should strive to include cardio and strength training exercises in your routine on a few days per week, with an emphasis on core and functional movements, in order to develop a spine that is more robust and supportive.
- Your phone. If you hold your cell phone up to your ear with your shoulder instead of your hand, you could be putting strain on your neck, which is another way of saying your upper back. When you are on a long phone call, wearing headphones can help you maintain a more comfortable posture and is a simple solution to this problem. Be wary of bending your neck to look at your phone while texting or scrolling, as this can lead to the same kinds of problems as looking down at your phone.
- Mattress. Back pain can be caused by remaining in one position for an extended period of time. Now consider the amount of time you spend sleeping each day. If your mattress is old, if you sink into it when you lie down on it, or if it simply does not support you in a way that is comfortable (and this is something that varies from person to person), it may be time to get a new one. Although different people have different comfort thresholds, those who suffer from back pain should lean toward the side of the mattress that is firmer and more supportive.
- Smoking. It is common knowledge that smoking raises one’s risk of developing cancer, lung diseases, heart disease, stroke, and depression. However, did you know that smoking also causes damage to the spine and contributes to conditions such as osteoporosis and disc disease? If you were looking for additional motivation to kick the habit, you can stop looking now.
Joint Health Chiropractic – Chiropractor in Pretoria
- 501 Jochemus St, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, 0048
- Monday – Friday: 8am-5pm, Saturday: 8am-12pm