Understanding how best to invest your time and money in marketing is going to be one of the most difficult challenges you will face as you work to expand your business. This will also be one of the most important challenges you will face.
Activities That Are Currently Bringing You Leads
Because sales cannot occur if a company does not have leads, it is essential to the company’s well-being to take active steps to generate leads. The use of content marketing as a marketing strategy is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to attract new leads. Even though content marketing is crucial for every marketing person and founder, even the very best content in the world is not guaranteed to generate leads in the short term. This is especially true for brands that have not yet developed a loyal audience or robust distribution channels. You could instead invest your marketing resources in more proactive endeavors, such as the following examples:
- Having conversations on Instagram with your ideal customers, both in the comments and in direct messages
- Putting in a bid for your company to be featured in gift guides
- Attending events related to the industry; giving speeches or hosting events whenever possible
- Creating strategic alliances with businesses and organizations that have a complementary relationship to your brand
- When combined with an excellent lead magnet, these grass-roots marketing strategies will strengthen brand awareness and attract more prospective customers into your ecosystem. However, these tasks can be time-consuming.
You will be able to quickly test your audience, messaging, and offers if you run ads on the social media sites where your ideal customer spends the most time if you have an advertising budget. This will allow you to move forward quickly and with confidence.
Actions That Help Develop Potential Leads
No one who owns a company wants to put time and effort into marketing, and they most certainly do not want to put money into advertising, only to find out that 96 percent of the people who visit their website are not yet ready to make a purchase. Building a stronger relationship with the prospects you already have is among the most effective ways to boost revenue in your company, and it’s also one of the easiest ways. When compared to non-nurtured leads, nurtured leads make purchases that are 47% more expensive.
You will be able to establish the required rapport with your leads if you place an emphasis on communicating with them on a human level, demonstrating that you share similar values, and providing them with content that has meaning to them. You can achieve this in a myriad of different ways, but in the end, it will come down to giving your potential customer the impression that they are having a conversation with the brand on an individual basis. The following are some ways that this can be accomplished:
- By sending regular emails that contain valuable content and are in line with the needs and interests of your leads.
- Participating in Facebook groups and other internet forums where your ideal client devotes their time to holding small events at which customers have the opportunity to meet you and interact with your brand in a substantial manner
- Sending text messages to potential customers when it is appropriate to do so in order to keep them up to date on relevant material in your company
There is always a person on the other end of a transaction, regardless of whether you are selling to an individual or an organization. As humans, we have an insatiable need for connection. Forging that connection between people and brands is one of the primary responsibilities that we as marketers have.
Engagement in Activities That Build Advocacy for the Brand
After you’ve closed the deal, there are even more possibilities for expanding your company available to you. It’s likely that a customer will buy from you more than once if you have a fantastic product or service and do a good job of nurturing the relationship.
If you have a fantastic product and provide outstanding service to your customers, you will be able to transform them from loyal customers into ardent supporters of your brand. If a customer has a positive experience, 72 percent of them will tell at least six other people about it. Your customers will not only buy from you, but they will also advocate for your brand by spreading the word about it and generating sales on your behalf. This will amplify your message and bring in more customers for you.
Here are some of the ways in which you can transform your clients into ardent supporters of your company:
- Ensure that the product or service you provide is of the best possible quality.
- Request feedback and recommendations from your existing clients.
- Make sure there is a clear channel of communication open between you and the customer at all times, whether that channel is the direct messages section of a social media page an email address that is checked on a regular basis, or a chatbot that connects the customer with a real person.
- Customers will be a lot happier when they are not required to jump over hurdles to get a brand’s support and attention and when they feel like they are being heard.
- Launch a customer appreciation or rewards program.
- Initiate the formation of a customer advisory panel.
- Establish a robust community space for your clients by using Facebook groups, Mighty Network, or other platforms similar to these.
Understanding how best to invest your time and money in marketing is going to be one of the most difficult challenges you will face as you work to expand your business. This will also be one of the most important challenges you will face. You will start to produce revenue in the short term and be one step closer to accomplishing your long-term business growth goals if you concentrate your efforts on the three revenue-generating activities that perform the best: generating leads, fostering those leads, and turning clients into brand advocates.